By using the Website (https://certimail.ca) (the “Website”), you agree to allow Certimail to collect and use certain personal information pursuant to this Policy.
Collection of Information
To access certain features of the Website, you must provide:
- the name of the enterprise or corporation on behalf of which you are using the Website and/or Services (the “User”)
- the name of the natural person who has the power to represent the enterprise or corporation and who will be liaising between Certimail and the enterprise or corporation,
- the email address of the said representative of the enterprise or corporation,
- the postal code of the domicile of the enterprise or corporation,
- the number of employees of the enterprise or corporation,
- the area of activity of the enterprise or corporation;
- the number of a credit card;
- the name of the credit card holder.
(collectively the “Registration Information”)
The term “Personal Information” means information provided as Registration Information that can be used to identify you as a natural person who is employed by or otherwise representing the User, such as your name, birthday, email or mailing address, and your telephone number.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Certimail collects your Personal Information to compile a file on the User and serve it better.
You can view our home page or browse the Website without your Personal Information being collected or used. Certimail only collects Personal Information that you voluntarily provide.
Certimail uses your Personal Information to get in touch with you in the context of the services agreement between Certimail and the User, where applicable.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Certimail does not sell or disclose Personal Information to unrelated third parties without your consent, except under the following specific cases:
- Your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties to comply with the law or at the request of a government body, or in the event of Certimail’s sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
- Certimail may disclose Personal Information to its affiliates for marketing purposes.
Only employees who need to access your Personal Information for the performance of their duties for the purposes listed above will have access to your Personal Information. Such employees are bound to maintain the confidentiality of the information as well as to handle it responsibly and in compliance with the law and this Policy.
User’s Confidential Information
In addition to the Registration Information, the User shall provide confidential information in the context of the Services Agreement. That information is referred to as the “User’s Confidential Information” in the Services Agreement. The confidentiality of the User’s Confidential Information is protected under the Services Agreement.
Certimail may post some links to other websites on its Website.
Accessing your Personal Information and complaints
Subject to the applicable legal restrictions, you are entitled to access your file and correct your Personal Information by sending Certimail a written request to that effect.
Certimail makes every reasonable effort to ensure the updating, accuracy and integrity of your Personal Information. It is, however, your responsibility to inform Certimail promptly of any change of name, address or other relevant element of your Personal Information.
We also urge you to contact Certimail if you have any concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information or this Policy.
To send written requests or to obtain information on this Policy, you can contact the Certimail Privacy Officer at:
Mail: 1350 Croissant Saturne, Brossard, QC, J4X 1M9
Email: [[email protected]]
Amendment to this Policy
Certimail reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time. We therefore encourage you to visit our Website regularly to consult the most recent version.
This Policy was last updated on [July 31st, 2017].